Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weight Today=138.0kg
Weight loss to date=3.9kg

So I know that the date on my last blog is today also but i have been doing Weight Watchers for two weeks now, my first weigh in showed at 2.0kg going from 141.9kg down to 139.9kg then tonight I had my second meeting and weighed in at 138.0kg.

My first two weeks have gone really well, the first week I found quite hard with being hungry all the time, in the first initial week I got 18 points per day. For those not familiar with the Weight Watchers plan, each food has a points value i.e.

Apple= 1 point
Big Mac= 9 points
Red Bull= 1.5 points

So for my first week I got 18 points, you can keep points from the last day and keep these for a total of one week, so for example if you are going out for dinner on Saturday, you can save points throughout the week to use on Saturday to "let your hair down". I did in the first week struggle with hunger, as well as fitting in exercises, which I am to do 30 minutes 3x per week. I was good with the exercise and the food and as I mentioned I managed to loose 2.0kg, but here's the confusing thing, in my second week I only did one session of 30 minutes excersise and still managed to loose 1.9kg.

In my second week i got to increase my points per week to 27, this made things alot easier and gave me a bit of room to move, and try differen't things/meals. The hunger issue wasn't so bad this time either, with more food to calm the beast. Like I mentioned before the excersise thing didn't go too well, I'm finding it really hard to keep up because the weather has been really bad here with rain nearly every day, so it has been hard to get out. I have an exercycle at home which I can just jump on so really I don't have a very good excuse.

I talked to my meeting leader about being able to still loose weight and not exercise and she said that its my body still getting use to the idea of a different diet, and to enjoy it while I can. I do get these moments of self doubt, it really sucks because I like to think that I can totally do this, but another part of me says "Na you suck, your wasting your time", thats when it really kick's in and I try and stay positive and keep telling myself that I'm doing this so that I can get the reversal operation and think about starting a family.

I don't have anything too scary this week to have to deal with, its easy when you are just cooking at home and managing everything and goes in your food and then in turn in your mouth. Its when you want to go out to dinner or over to someone else's house when things get tricky and it does make you look slightly retarded when you take you own food to someones house.

Aims for this week

  • More excersise 3x plus 30 minutes this week
  • Keep to my points value all week
  • Drink lots of water (8+ glasses per day)
  • Keep Positive

No comments: